Unforgettable Pain

When you walked out that door everything changed
One minute you were here then
Flashing lights and men in uniforms were putting you in a bag

You left us without a goodbye
Questions unanswered
And tears down our eyes

You knew that the life you lived
Would only end one way
If only you’d had a few more days
Then we could have left and you
Would still be walking,breathing,and laughing

You were my best friend,my everything
When you left apart of me left too
I may never understand what happened
But I do know that I can never get you back

You’ll never be able to see me graduate,
Leave for college, see my wedding or
Be there for my future kids like you were for me

If we could go back to that morning I would have hugged you tighter
Told you I love you

I would’ve begged you to stay with us
If only we knew what we know today
There wouldn’t be this pain in my heart
There wouldn’t be a headstone with your name on it

Your love will forever run through and I will always make you proud
And continue to wipe the tears that may fall
Only happy memories will flow through my head

I will be waiting and living till the day I see you again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tween Years

Chapter 8

Quiz